Australian Registered Charity
Meri Toksave Inc. (“information for women” loosely translated in Tok Pisin) is an Australian-based youth-led charity for gender justice in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific. We are focused on designing and delivering programming at the intersection of youth empowerment and gender justice and leveraging and collaborating with young people, communities and organisations throughout the region.
Meri Toksave is a Member of the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network Youth Initiative, the United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth, the United Nations Asia-Pacific Interagency Network on Youth, and the Resolution Project.
In 2014, Meri Toksave was appointed to the Global Partnership on Youth in the Post-2015 Development Agenda by the United Nations Youth Envoy and served as an official partner of the United Nations My World 2030 Global Survey.
For our partner organisations, see our partners page.
Governance and Legal Status
Meri Toksave Inc. is an Australian charitable institution and Queensland incorporated association. We are a youth-led, secular, non-partisan, non-profit, non-governmental organisation.
We are registered as a charity by the Queensland Office of Fair Trading. We are endorsed for the Goods and Services Tax Concession, Income Tax Exemption, and Fringe Benefits Tax Rebate by the Australian Taxation Office. We are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
Meri Toksave Inc. is governed by our Constitution which sets our the rights and responsibilities of our Executive Committee, volunteers, and members. Each Annual General Meeting, we provide an Annual Report consisting of impact statements, financial accountability, and performance reviews. In accordance with our legal responsibilities, we also report to the ACNC and submit our audited financial documents to the Queensland Office of Fair Trading.
Our Executive Committee and volunteers are expected to act with integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, accountability, and a high level of ethical responsibility. All members of the Executive Committee and volunteers are bounded by an official Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy. We are currently in the process of developing a Risk Management Policy, a Counter-Terrorism Policy, an Anti-Fraud Policy, and standards of environmental sustainability and gender equality.
Meri Toksave Inc. is also guided (but not legally accredited) by the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct for Non-Government Organisations, the International Non Governmental Organisations Accountability Charter, and the Fundraising Institute of Australia Principles and Standards of Fundraising Practice.
Organisational Documents and Governance Reports
Minutes and Resolutions of General Meetings:
- Meri Toksave 2013 Inaugural General Meeting
- Meri Toksave 2014 Annual General Meeting
- Meri Toksave 2015 Special General Meeting
- Meri Toksave 2015 Annual General Meeting
- Meri Toksave 2016 Annual General Meeting
- Meri Toksave 2017 Annual General Meeting
- Meri Toksave 2018 Annual General Meeting
- Meri Toksave 2019 Annual General Meeting
- Meri Toksave 2014 President’s Report
- Meri Toksave 2015 President’s Report
- Meri Toksave 2016 President’s Report
- Meri Toksave 2017 President’s Report
- Meri Toksave 2018 President’s Report
- Meri Toksave 2019 President’s Report
Financial Statements and Treasurer’s Reports:
- Meri Toksave 2014 Treasurer’s Report + 2014 Independent Audit Report
- Meri Toksave 2015 Treasurer’s Report + 2015 Independent Audit Report
- Meri Toksave 2016 Treasurer’s Report + 2016 Independent Audit Report
- Meri Toksave 2017 Treasurer’s Report + 2017 Independent Audit Report
- Meri Toksave 2018 Treasurer’s Report + 2018 Independent Audit Report
- Meri Toksave 2019 Treasurer’s Report + 2019 Independent Audit Report